Sunday, August 26, 2012

Snickerdoodles

Although I used to make cookies every week for Jordan's lunch (and a few for mine!) it has been a while since I've routinely made any. Since I had some free time this fantasticlly rainy weekend, I decided to whip up a batch of Snickerdoodles. I'm not sure if these are supposed to be a "Christmas cookie", but I make them all year round.



























Here's the recipe (I divided it in half):
1 lb butter
3 cups sugar
4 eggs
5 1/2 cups flour
4 tsp cream of tartar
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

To roll cookies in:
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cinnamon


Start by mixing up that fantastic amount of butter with the sugar. Then add the eggs and cream. Then I dump in all the dry ingredients and mix. At this point you can put the dough in the fridge for a while so that it is a little easier to work with, or be like me most of time and just make them right away. Form a ball with the dough, roll it in the sugar and cinnamon and then place it on the plan to bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Don't let them get brown, they are best soft (of course all cookies are!)


No comments:

Post a Comment