Thursday, August 9, 2012

Peach Platz

Tonight I started using the first of our peaches, and it seems fitting to start this blog with a recipe from Canda, platz!











After trying a new recipe for supper that as Jordan put it "did not taste good" I figured a good dessert was in order. After dishing it up I went to change the laundry and came back to 2 empty plates. I guess it turned out...

Here's the recipe (I divided it in half and made it in a 9" square)
Adapted from the Moose Lake Cookbook

Platz:
2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
4 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp shortening
1 cup cream
1 egg
Fruit

Ruebel:
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp butter
Cream

Sift flour, baking powder and sugar (I didn't do this!) Add shortening and mix with fingers (I used my food processor) until mixture is fine crumbs. Add cream and egg. Mix well and pat out on 9x13 pan. Here's what it should look like:












Put on a layer of fruit (I used peaches but you can use almost anything)










Mix Ruebel by adding sugar, flour and baking powder and rubbing in the butter. Then add enough cream to make coarse crumbs. Sprinkle thickly over fruit. 

Bake at 350 F to 375F for 25 minutes. 
And tada!


No comments:

Post a Comment