Thursday, April 7, 2016

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have the wonderful job of baking cookies and cheesecakes for the Community Mennonite Church retreat this weekend. The weather isn't looking great, but the food will be amazing! For these wonderful women I have pulled out a recipe from my Camp Moose Lake kitchen help days. Cookies have always been my favourite (yes, I still spell the Canadian way sometimes) since I was a child. My mother would let my sister and I bake cookies whenever we wanted to, however she would abandon the kitchen promptly as we (I) spilled flour, sugar, and other things on the floor. Well, many years later I am still baking cookies, and still spilling things on the floor. I guess somethings never change!



Here is the recipe:

1 cup butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 pkg. chocolate chips (the recipe also says you can use peanut butter chips)
2/3 cup cocoa
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour

Cream butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla till light and fluffy. Combine flour, cocoa, soda, salt and add to mixture. Stir in chips. Bake at 350F for 7-9 minutes.   Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment