Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

It almost seems a little early to be jumping into baking fall goodies, but since I have had a can of pumpkin sitting on my shelves all summer, I figured it would be good to get it used up! And what's better then making pumpkin muffins! (I was also a little sad to not get any of this kind of muffins at the youth retreat...)

I like to pretend this recipe is healthy since it has some whole wheat flour, but is basically just tasty.


























Here's the recipe:

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
4 large eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1 can (15oz) pumpkin
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups chocolate chips

Mix together and bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.


2 comments:

  1. I think this recipe would be even better with fresh sugar pie pumpkins. Great blog my mouth is watering every time I visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should bring me some sugar pie pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete